Monday, April 19, 2010

Dear Graysie,

It’s the middle of the night, and even though I’m beyond exhausted I feel so full of excitement and hope that I can’t sleep a wink. Today my prayers were answered! Today God’s perfect plan for my life and most importantly yours were revealed to me….
I woke up this morning anxious and energized; today I was going to Denver to meet Ambyr and Josh! I put on my favorite red sweater, best black pants, and made sure my hair and makeup was just right. I wanted to make the best impression I could!
The drive to Denver was full of grassy hills and dense pine trees. I enjoyed the scenery so much we were there before I knew it! R and G took me to lunch and then we went furniture shopping. As we wondered around Ethan Allen and Pottery Barn I was growing more and more nervous about meeting Ambyr and Josh. What if they didn’t like me? What if I wasn’t pretty enough? What if I wasn’t smart enough?

It was dark by the time we arrived at Ambyr and Josh’s home. I couldn’t see much except that the house looked huge! I slowly made my way up to their front door and knocked softly. Josh flung the door open with Ambyr by his side. They greeted me and I instantly felt calm and confident. Their home, although large, felt warm and inviting. I met their 3 small children. Each was ridiculously cute and had delightful little personalities. After only spending 10 minutes with their children I not only adored them but knew they were well behaved, happy, and loved. The kids went upstairs to play while Ambyr, Josh and I sat down to talk.

Ambyr immediately asked me if I wanted an open adoption and I immediately told her yes. She seemed as relieved and I did. We then went through all the basic information: when your due date is, how your health is, your gender, etc. They also asked me what my expectations are for an open adoption. I wasn’t sure how to answer this question. I don’t want to say the wrong things to “scare” them off and I don’t know how much or how little I want to be in your life. I’ll have to think about this one.

When I left their home I just knew this is the right family for you. This is where you’re supposed to be. I know they will love you and allow me to be involved in your life. I’m not sure how I can feel so confident after only meeting with them for less than an hour, but in my heart I just know this is the right and perfect choice for you!

Love, Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment