Friday, April 9, 2010

Dear Graysie,


Tomorrow is Christmas! My parents have always made the holiday season so special for us. That must be why it’s my favorite time of year. I love putting the ornaments on the tree. I enjoy baking, frosting, and decorating sugar cookies. I adore the “hunt” for the perfect gift and then wrapping it beautifully! The music, lights, holiday parties, and all the hustling and bustling is my paradise.


I keep thinking how this is our first and last Christmas together. I will never be able to share my love of Christmas with you, our holiday traditions, or choose your “Santa” presents. I will never take you to Christmas Eve church service or read the “Nativity Story” to you. I will never help you write a letter to Santa or take you to sit on his lap. I will never hear you sing “Jingle Bells” or see your first Christmas pageant. No one realizes how much I’m giving up by giving you up.


Choosing your parent’s is going to be so hard. I want you to have parents that make Christmas special for you. I want you to have parents who teach you the “TRUE” meaning of Christmas. I want you to have parents who give you “Santa” gifts. Most importantly, I want you to have parents who cherish every Christmas memory they get to make with you, because I would give my right arm to just have one.


Merry Christmas with love,

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment