Monday, March 29, 2010

Dear Graysie


It's our first trip to Disney World. I have wanted to bring your sisters and brother for what seems like ever.


We are staying for two weeks and although it rains everyday, we cherish our time spent together. The trip is so much more than we have imagined it would be. Some of our best memories are of riding rides and watching shows in the pouring warm rain. It is the "perfect" vacation for our family because Disney is so child-centered. Daddy and I have brought Grandy and Grampy with us as another set of eyes, ears and helping hands but also as a "thank you" for how involved they are in our lives.


Mihya is just 7 months old and we are bombarded with trying to maneuver her car seat and stroller while at the same time having strollers for Kaidon and Emma. The walking is a bit much for even the adults. We are staying on property so we ride the Disney transportation to and from the parks daily and each day we try and leave with less and less to make our trips more manageable. We make a decision that this trip will be our yearly family vacation. We know that each year this time will be a cherished event we all look forward to.


Frequently daddy announces how great it will be next year when things will be easier without as many necessities to bring along. Mihya will be eighteen months old by then and able to use a smaller stroller and eat table food and all the other things that come with age. For some reason, each time he relishes in these thoughts I secretly am a little disheartened at the thought of our "show being over". A nagging feeling of sadness overwhelms me but I never mention this to daddy because I don't want him to think I am not grateful for the three kids I already have. I love this time in my life and because of that I am not going to worry about what I don't have. Right now, I'm focusing on the great family that I have and sharing in some great memories.


Little do I know now that next year at this time I will have another sweet baby girl to call my own and to spoil with her first experience of Disney World.


I love you forever,

Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment