Friday, March 19, 2010


Dear Graysie,

I’m a typical teenage girl growing up in a picture perfect Midwest suburb. I have a great family. My mom and dad always put us first. I feel safe, secure, and loved. I’m the oldest of three. I have two younger brothers; Josh and Ben. We’re a close family. I like going shopping with my mom. I love when we all go out to lunch after church. Vacations with my family are always a blast. I’m pretty lucky in the family department!

I enjoy school and do well in most of my classes. My favorite subject is English. I devour books. The first book I ever read was Ramona the Mouse. I remember reading Matilda by Rohld Dahl over and over. I had to buy 3 copies because the binding kept wearing out.

I’ve been a cheerleader through jr. high and most of high school. I like being a part of something. Every summer we go to cheerleading camp. It’s so much fun; like a slumber party for 4 days! Most of my good friends are also cheerleaders. I love the uniforms, big bows, high pony tails, and face glitter. Practice is always a big social session sprinkled with tumbling, dancing, jumping, and building. (pyramids, tosses, throws) Most of my coaches are like big sisters to me. I think my mom would of rather me been on dance team (after all I took 10 years of dance lessons), but cheerleading is a better fit. Performances are the best! Pep assemblies, competitions, half time…..I adore it all!

Being nice to everyone is important to me. I always end up befriending the person who had no friends. I guess I have a soft spot for the underdog. I have lots of acquaintances, but I’m always cautious when choosing close friends. I can count my “true” friends on one hand. I don’t think being guarded on who you let into your life is a bad thing. Girls can be fickle, petty, viscous, and jealous; especially in high school.

My best friend is Lauren. We love to go tanning, shopping, and eat BBQ sauce with bread. (Weird, right?) This summer we’ll spend most of our time at the pool, at the mall, or probably just hanging out at Lauren’s house. Lauren has a boyfriend, his name is Ross. He is always around when he’s not working. I like Ross, but sometimes I wish he didn’t spend so much time with us.

Church is every Wednesday night and Sunday morning. I’m the only girl in youth group who’s not homeschooled. If anyone has any questions on makeup or fashion I’m the girl to ask. At youth church camp I do makeovers, color and style hair, put together outfits and answers questions about boys. It’s a lot of fun! I’ll be going to youth camp the 3rd week of July. My church friends are so much easier to get along with.

I’m eager to start senior year! My classes will be super easy. There is so much to look forward to: senior pictures, spring break in South Padre, homecoming, a later curfew, parties, and graduation! I think I might graduate at semester (December). Maybe I’ll spend 2nd semester taking some classes at Community College. That should help prepare me more for next year.

Then in the fall of 2002 I will be off to KU. I’m going to live in a dorm my first year with Lauren as my roommate. We’re planning on joining a fabulous sorority! My major is going to be either interior design or broadcast journalism. I just know college is going to be amazing!

Only one thing can mess up my perfect plans: you.

Love, Amanda


No comments:

Post a Comment