Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Dear Graysie,


It’s mid October 2001, homecoming weekend! I’m so excited, homecoming is my thing! Actually, I could care less about the big game, the dance, or even my date. The “thing” that excites me the most about homecoming is the preparation. Finding the perfect dress, the right shoes, complimentary accessories, enchanting makeup, and a dazzling up-do thrills me to the core! My dress is amethyst colored sequins from head to toe. Even hanging in my closet the dress looks stunning!


My date’s running a couple minutes late and that sends me into tears. Why in the world am I crying over this? I precisely place a q-tip in the corner of my eyes to catch the tears before they can reach my eye liner or fake lashes. I look at myself in the mirror as I try to stop the salty tears. The sad eyes looking back at me know my life is probably going to be brutally altered come Monday. But tonight is not about that! Tonight is about looking glamorous, going to a fancy restaurant, having fun with my friends, and being a normal teenager for one more night….


Love,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment