Monday, May 3, 2010

Dear Graysie,


Feelings of excitement, joy, and relief have flooded my heart and mind. Meeting with Ambyr and Josh has given me so much hope for your future and mine! I’m sure this “high on life” feeling will pass and the reality that I’m one step closer to giving you up forever will sink in. But for now, I’m enjoying this “high”.


Ambyr’s first question to me was if I wanted an open adoption. Yes! Of course I want an open adoption. Then she asked what my expectations were for our open adoption. I froze. I don’t have a clue! I’ve never known anyone who has given their child up for adoption, let alone an open adoption. I didn’t even know open adoption existed until a few months ago. I know they are going to want some answers on how I want our “open adoption” to look. I really didn’t think I would be able to have any input on how “open” I wanted your adoption to be. I have a lot to think about!



Love, Amanda


No comments:

Post a Comment